I know my blog has been super-inactive for six months, since I returned to Greece in June 2012. I’ve been meaning to write, but other things took priority.
But today I received an email from WordPress, saying, among others, that my blog had 3,200 views in 2012….. Crazy! So this gives me the motivation I needed to go on writing! You can read their whole email below… I was very surprised. The power of the Internet blah blah blah!
In brief, so many things have happened to me since June… Some time catching up with family and friends… A whole month in one of the most magical places of the world, Crete island… Staying at my parents’ summerhouse for a week or so, for the first time in 12 years… Trying to “fit in” Athens in September – October (I didn’t do very well)… Leaving again for a job interview in London (I didn’t get the job)… and, most recently, a very last minute trip for a month in the Middle East with two crazy Brazilian guys… Jordan, Israel, Palestine, Egypt.
And now I’m back in Athens. For good (???)….
Decisions / promises to myself for next year – I’ve never done this before, let’s see if it works:
– See my family and people I care about more often. OK, I tend to meet new people rather easily… But this year I realized the importance of certain people in your life. Sometimes you are lying on a beach at the other side of the planet, or you are having a Havana Club at the country where it’s produced, or you are in a desert in the middle of nowhere… and you wish that your parents / your brother and family /Alexis / Alina / Anastis / Apostolis / Craig / Dimitra / Dimitris / Elena / Eleni / Elpi / Eliza / Frank / Giorgos / Jimmy / Julia / Kusha / Lambros / Maria / Nikolas / Olga / Rob / Pete / Penny / Stassa / Spyros / Tayfun / Tiina were there with you. ***I’ve struggled to put those names in alphabetical order, so Tiina don’t be so angry, after all we spent quite some time together…*** But I also realized that you can meet nice, cool people on the road that you’d really like to see again… Cathrine, Dario (both of them), David, Domingos, Eddie, Jorge, Liz, Marcelo (both of them…), Rafael, Sandeep, Over, Ray to name just a handful…
– Go back into yoga – seriously now! After a year of not-going-to-the-super-boring-office I definitely feel a lot stronger and healthier than before – even with the, ermmmmm, huge excesses in alcohol, chocolate, bakery food and the absence of home cooking. But… I’ve missed yoga a lot. So, this is my number one goal. Go to a studio twice a week. If I can manage a third one… perfect!
– Launch greek cooking classes for foreigners – I have already started doing this… but I will need everyone’s help to make it real and hopefully make a living out of it in the future! More news coming soon!
– “Finish” the blog! I have to write stuff that happened to me since February 2011… I am sure I have forgotten some… but it will still be nice for me to remember what I was doing one year ago!
– Continue with my improvisation classes that I started in October – if you live in Athens, check out www.improvibe.gr and come join us!
– Play at least one gig with my new rock cover band! Name suggestions for the band are more than welcome…
– Try to practice Italian, Spanish, French and Portuguese…
– Go back to the super-boring-office that I hate (although I am super lucky as I have one of the best colleagues in the world) – this is not “my goal” but I guess I have to make some money for the next trip…
– Plan the next trip for after I quit the super-boring-office job 🙂 India anyone?
There’s also one more thing I will be doing but it’s a bit of a secret…
I think that’s more than enough… After all, I haven’t had a routine for 14 months, so I’m not even sure I can cope with it anymore. Any advice is more than welcome!
Before I forget, here is an article I found interesting. http://www.extrapackofpeanuts.com/71-travel-experts/ For those who think that travelling is super expensive, I’ll write a post about costs later on… For those who have no time – all it takes is a decision. For those who have no interest in travelling… Sorry, but I really can’t help!
Happy New Year to everyone, I hope that 2013 will bring you whatever you want – time, money, a family, a new job… but for sure health and love, as without these nothing really matters.
For those interested, this is what WordPress sent me today.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog. Here’s an excerpt:
600 people reached the top of Mt. Everest in 2012. This blog got about 3,200 views in 2012. If every person who reached the top of Mt. Everest viewed this blog, it would have taken 5 years to get that many views.